Why are Bioenzymes better?
Easy2Flow, as a Bioenzyme based product, is different than enzyme or acid-based cleaners. This means the active ingredients (the enzymes that break down the organic macromolecules that comprise the biofilm) are contained within living bacteria in the product, as opposed to enzyme-based products, where the active ingredients are the actual enzymes with no microbes present.
- Bioenzymes will work over a wide variety of pH, temperature and salt levels, while enzymes will be much more limited. This is because bioenzymes are contained in the bacteria, which protects them from the external environment. Once they sense the biofilm (as food) they will make/release the biofilm-digesting enzymes.
- Bioenzymes will be more effective at targeting biofilm and mixed clogs. This is because the bacteria see the biofilm accumulations as food, which they will actively seek out and digest.
- Conditions which limit bioenzyme activity (pH > 8; bleach or chlorinated water) will also inactivate enzyme-based products.
Biofilm clogs can be difficult to remove and are resistant to most chemical treatments. From our research into mass ag operations, most of the buildup is not minerals, but biofilm and organic minerals. When you use acids (which are inexpensive) in any tape, drip system, hose, etc., it causes the biofilm to become more rubbery and impossible to break down. While acids are excellent at removing mineral clogs, they have the opposite effect on Biofilm clogs. Acid treatment will cause both the protein and DNA/RNA macromolecule components of Biofilms to undergo a process called “precipitation” where they aggregate into solid “clumps” that are resistant to being broken down and flushed out of the irrigation line even with enzymatic treatment.
Unlike harsh chemical treatments which are limited to the surface of the biofilm only, Easy2Flow’s enzymes actively digest all biofilm layers, restoring your irrigation system to 100% capacity. Easy2Flow is OMRI certified so you can be sure of its natural ingredients.
Easy2Flow benefits to any irrigation system:
- Actively digests all biofilm layers and mineral-based deposits and restores your irrigation system to 100% capacity.
- All-in-one treatment for maintaining irrigation systems. Compatible with both reservoir and injector application systems.
- Rapidly cleans out hydroponic and nutrient water reservoir accumulations.
- Prevents recurring clogs before they form, keeping your lines, emitters, reservoir, and watering system clear and flowing.
- Unlike harsh chemical treatments, Easy2Flow bio-enzymes support your plants and soil. There is no need to flush your system after treatment—extended exposure is natural, organic, and harmless.
- Application is easy and is designed to work with all irrigation systems including drip lines, tape, and pipes.
Easy2Flow Application Directions:
- ONLY USE WITH NON-CHLORINATED WATER. This is essential, as chlorine can kill the beneficial bacteria that makes the product work.
- For reservoir and line maintenance: Each time the reservoir is filled, add easy2flow at a rate of 2 ml/Liter of water. Continue to use the system as usual. For heavy biofilm clogs, use at 4 ml/Liter.
- For line maintenance: If your reservoir does not need to be maintained, you can add easy2flow at a rate of 2ml/Liter after the reservoir has emptied to 1/4 full.